Spitballing in Extreme Heat
I am not okay. It's too hot to be in this friggin library, ya'll. I feel so gross right now but I'll be okay. It's gonna be a long week.
I'm just stalling in the library because I'm unsure of what to do. What to write. I want to do some world building, I want to make another story, and I want to write Death's Cat like I said I would. I'm tired and want to nap but I got about 2 hours before Book Bingo at the library starts.
I guess I'm stalling...
Whatever. I'll just do my best with how I'm feeling right now. This heat is tiresome. That's all I can do.
I think I'm stalling on writing. Perfectionism is on my mind. Everyone expects perfection and never less. They want things highly edited, instant, and just when they demand. That's not how writing or art works. Art takes time to make and I'm including writing. I get it. You should be consistent and all of that but I don't see how it works for art. I do agree you should do it right but at some point it paralyzes you.
I need to drop the expectations and my own, and just enjoy the process. It's what I want to do.
I think I have an idea for Owen. I want to do a stop motion with him and I think it would be fun if I made him write something in it. I'm still thinking about what kind of stop motion I would like to post. I'll figure it out soon.
I also think it would be fun to make a comic with Owen with other adventures and just post it to Webtoons for funsies. Nothing serious but I thought it would be an amazing idea. This is half baked but at the same time, it would be fun to make a comic based off of his RoyalRoad story. I just need yarn and stuffing for some of these creatures I've made.
Why did I forget my hoodie? This is torture. Always bring a hoodie to anywhere even in the summer. It may keep you from feeling the chill of the AC. Glad we're in AC (kiddo is with me).
I'm making sure to drink plenty of water during this time and go on an ice run where I can. I need ice for my water bottle because it encourages me to drink more water... By chewing ice! Yes, sometimes, you just need to chew ice. I love chewing the ice from Sheetz. It's amazing for reasons I cannot explain.
Anyways, I know whatever I decide, it's all going to feel more experimental than serious. I don't know what else I could say other than I'm stalling and trying to hype myself up to do something fun.
Comments
Post a Comment