Contest
I have decided to talk about entering a contest. Clearly a writing contest. It's on RoyalRoad and I'll reveal details. If I read the terms correctly, I have to write within this prompt: The person you pretend to be. 8000 words on the first chapter. Due by June 10th. I have never done it before. I'm nervous. I don't expect to win at all. In fact, I'm expecting to be dead last but that's okay. I'm doing this because I want to challenge myself. It's good to challenge yourself. I don't know how long I'll keep this series going but I'll keep it up for as long as I can.
What happened to Owen? I'm workshopping how to improve one of the stories and decided to try to write a different story. I'm not liking how it is turning out. I felt like I got lazy with this cutesy ghost story I was writing. I hated it. I'm going to fix it. I just need to figure out how. Right now, I'll be pouring my efforts into this contest. Owen will come back.
I still want to write something for RoyalRoad that isn't Owen or the contest. It's going to be a minute before that happens. I also know I'm failing on scheduling. It's my fault. I think I'll just post when I can until I can actually be consistent. I need to focus more on writing than scheduling right now. I've been writing past my 1000 word limit anyways and that takes more effort on my part. I'll do what I can.
I just hope I can make deadline right now with it being so tight. I saw it yesterday from the time this blog gets posted. I'm planning out some key details before I can do move onto writing later today since today's my writing session. Plus side: Convinced my son (almost 13) to write and create.
I have to be his scribe but it's worth it for his creativity. My son shall be called Son Eldritch. Son decided to make this cool world about robots and I've given him something of a blueprint for him to get his thoughts organized. I don't know how long this will last but I am just happy as a writer, as a creative, as a mom that he's trying something new. Maybe I can eventually convince him to post it somewhere. I don't know yet but whatever he decides, I'll love and support him anyways!
Nothing's going to get done just writing a blog so I'll hop off and get to that contest!
Comments
Post a Comment