Rosie is Making More Friends

 Another day, another pain. The pain being needles to the mouth. Am I okay? Yes. I am in the final stretch of discomfort. My numbness went away by 2pm. I went in at 9:20am. That's my update.

That's not what I want to talk about, of course.

True weapon in this day and age is community. Tonight! I treat myself to some coffee (maybe soda) and get some writing friends. I have been dying to find a community of like minded writers. Maybe they won't be like minded but I am hoping to get some friends who are a bit ahead of me to take me under their wing a bit. I am still new and just share what I've learned in the high hopes what I learned helps.

ANYWAYS!

Baby's first real writer gathering tonight at the local coffee shop. Excitement! Maybe they can help me gather some fun ideas for prompts for my stories.

I got a mythology book today for Sarah as I needed it as part of the mythology I got. Plus, I miss reading this book. It was my life line in high school. There's some things I have to fudge around in Blood of a Virtuous Vampire. I am trying to figure out how the lore works a bit even though I'm already building a timeline. I add things to my notebook in the form of sticky notes (post-it notes) because it's easier than adding it at the tail end. I also transfer the stuff into my digital notes.

I wish I hadn't left the rest of my world building notebooks now. OH, WELL! I'll deal with my mistakes. 

I am also going to be working on another Owen story and then deleting my original prompt for plants. Yeah, I was too rigid in my rules. It's what happens when I realize I was too in the box. It didn't allow for flexibility. I don't know what I'm going to do but I'm going to fix it. It needs to be done. I need to fix my own mistake. I feel like I did by recognizing the issue. 

I am still excited to work with others and it's a weekly meetup so I can meet them up every week, and talk to them about ideas. I am really looking forward to talking to people outside of my own head. I have Marlin but I also would like more than just him. A lot of my friends are too focus on real life that writing falls into the cracks. It happens. It's okay. We're all still friends and I'm happy for it but it's hard to find writing friends for me right now.

I am talking in loops. I was going to rewrite what I said before. It's how excited I am for tonight. 

I think I'll get off here to set up what I want done right now before I go there. Yes, Owen is coming with me. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rambles

Contest

I Have a Choice and I've Made it